Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dance Fever

Mock me; ridicule me; say as you will. But I have waited, in bated anticipation, for this season’s finale of “So You Think You Can Dance”. Yes…I have spoken aloud my secret addiction to Fox’s reality dance TV show, and I have no shame! I count myself amongst the masses who rush home on Wednesday evening to watch the competition, then again on Thursday for the results show when one of the dancers is voted off.

So here’s a quick run-down on the final four:

Benji Schwimmer
He cracks me up nearly every time he dances. He’s extremely animated and pulls faces while swaggering across the floor, but he doesn’t come off as being completely goofy. Somehow it all works for him. I think he has a good chance of winning the whole shebang.

Travis Wall
This 18 year old is gonna give Benji a real run for the money. His spiked hair seems in complete contrast to his fluid, contemporary movements…and I love that. When I first saw him I thought he would be real hard-edged and punkish, but it turns out he has a sweet disposition (and a slight lisp). It was unexpected.

Donyelle Jones
I really do like Donyelle, but I think the fact that she was partnered with Benji is what has kept her in the running for so long. She dances well enough, but I think other girls (most notably Allison, who was voted off two weeks ago) have shown more versatility.

Heidi Groskreutz
I can’t put my finger on why, but I really like this girl. She’s Benji’s cousin and it would be a hoot to see them take first and second place. She’s a little spitfire, which makes her fun to watch.

It’s 4:30PM – just 3 ½ hours to go. I’m jonesing for my fix!

1 comment:

Debi Wilson said...

And the winner is...

Benji!

Woohoo